The key to any made up face is makeup brushes. Without good tools, you will never have a well made-up face. And with all the brands of makeup brushes how do you choose? Well with a little research and experimenting, I have been able to narrow down those makeup brushes that will give you a professional looking made up face. Below are my choices:
1. Real Techniques – These brushes are one of the few brushes I purchased when I started gaining an interest in cosmetics. The Real Techniques brushes are versatile. One of its uses is applying foundation. The brush is soft, pretty and dense. The brush bristles are synthetic, so it does not soak up things such as extra foundation. The best part is they feel high-end, but are actually affordable.
2. Morphe Brushes – When I began using Morphe brushes, I was told that the Morphe brushes have some shedding. But, the brushes are actually worth the hype. The Morphe brushes are soft and not coarse like some makeup brushes. The brushes are well established as being affordable. I cannot say enough about their eye brushes or powder brushes. The powder brushes pick up just enough powder to help you make your look perfect. And the eye brushes will help with your creases.
3. ELF Cosmetic Brushes – First and foremost, these brushes are cruelty-free, which is something I aim for when purchasing anything beauty related. The brushes are also free from sulfates and easy on the wallet. The brushes are very soft, do not get as dirty as some brushes do, and the bristles do not get coarse as you use them over time. The brushes will help your foundation appear flawless. Finding affordable makeup brushes which are of high quality can be difficult. With the ELF Cosmetic Brushes you will have no worries.
4. NYX Professional Brushes – Let me just say, these brushes are perfect for those just starting out with makeup application. They have super soft, synthetic vegan bristles, giving the brush a light feeling. Their eye makeup and face brushes are awesome as they help you control movement with their ergonomic brush handle! Given this, I must state that the NYX Professional Brushes are owned by the L’Oreal Corporation, which continues animal testing as of 2019, where required by law.
5. Sigma Beauty Brushes – These brushes will help you obtain perfection when you are applying makeup. Also, they are a reasonable alternative to higher end cosmetic brushes, such as MAC. The brushes are synthetic. It is specially engineered with thin fibers in order to collect and deliver powder, liquid and cream products. The handles of the Sigma brushes are made of high-resistance wood. And according to their website, the brushes are layered with eight coats of primer and paint to help make them last longer.
You now have examples of good quality, expensive and inexpensive cosmetic brushes. These brushes live up to their reviews, and because of this I recommend these brushes when you are applying makeup.