Now that winter is upon us, the feel of heat and shine from the Sun is slowly disappearing. So we now turn to bronzer to help achieve a bronzed appearance. But for a lot of people, bronzer can pose some difficulty on application. So I have listed a few pointers to help you to apply your bronzer to achieve a natural sun-kissed look.
- First, choose a matte bronzer that is one to two shades darker than your natural skintone. Then choose a brush that is fluffy and wide with a curved top. When choosing the proper color bronzer for your complexion, follow these tips:
- Do not choose a shimmery bronzer. This type of bronzer makes you appear shiny. If you have oily skin, it will not look natural. On a normal type of skin which is sweaty, it too will appear unnatural.
- FAIR SKIN COMPLEXION – Look for a honey-colored bronzer.
- MEDIUM SKIN COMPLEXION – Search for a rose bronzer or gold flecked bronzer; and
- DARKER SKIN COMPLEXION – Use a tawny or amber bronzer.
- To start, take your wide, fluffy blush and swirl your brush evenly around the bronzer. A key tip is to apply your bronzer in light, even coats building the color up, rather than adding one dark layer all at once.
- Now apply the bronzer across your forehead. When making this application, do it in the shape of a three (3), beginning at the top of your face (forehead) to the bottom.
- Next, brush the bronzer on your cheekbones. Example: Smile in the mirror, then begin applying on the cheeks and up to your hairline.
- When finished with your cheekbones, complete the bronzing by sweeping the bronzer along the jawline. By completing this application, you will add total definition to your face.
COMPLETING THE LOOK:
To eliminate any harsh lines which may be leftover, dip a powder brush into translucent powder, tap off the excess powder, and blend over the lines again.
Applying bronzer is a fantastic way to add an attractive natural-glow to your complexion; especially during those times when your appearance looks a little dull. So give it a shot, and let the glow from inside show!